All buoyancy vests meet either the EN393 or AS4758 Standard and are approved by Maritime NZ.
For PFD sizing, download the Palm apparel – Size chart as a PDF document.
Retail price $170 + freight
Sizes: XS-S; M-L; XL-XXL (Safety Gold colour)
Mission’s Inspiration PFD has been specifically designed to fit the female shape, while still being very comfortable for males too.
No longer will women paddlers have to put up with ill-fitting PFDs.
Perfectly designed chest foam plates optimise flotation, so you can be confident you will be safe.
Ergonomic shape and six adjustment points ensure a comfortable, secure fit.
Meets new Australian PFD Standards – AS4758 Level 50
For sizing and more info, download the Mission PFD + paddling accessories brochure
[1st quality new PFDs, with a factory warranty]
Retail price $275 + freight
A versatile front-entry PFD loaded with storage and features. A perfect PFD for waka ama (outrigger) paddling, fishing, hunting, multisport, sea kayak or sail boat cruising.
• ‘Full cut’ foam template covers chest and back
• YYK® front zip design with closure cover
• Palm 3D ‘ anti ride-up’ waist system
• Easy Glide™ strap adjustment throughout
• Reflective detail on shoulders, front and rear panels
• Double front pockets with ‘D’ ring and elasticised clip points
• Rear pocket (with over-shoulder opening tab) designed to hold water bladder
• Guides and park for your drink tube
• Shoulder ‘D’ ring and lash tab attachment points
• Hardwearing outer fabric (part Cordura fabric)
Buoyancy: > 6.5 kg . . . . . Fabric: Nylon 420D / Cordura® 550D
Sizes: XS-S (60N) / M-L (70N) / XL-XXL (70N) . . . . . Colours: Red or Olive/Moss
Retail price $435 + freight
THE ULTIMATE EXPEDITION PFD
The Ocean Pro has been designed for elite paddlers in extreme situations. Three side adjustment points and contoured super-soft foam ensure you stay comfortable on extended expeditions.
Plenty of storage space for all your food, drink, etc thanks to two large front pockets and a large rear mesh pocket. No hydration worries with the integrated drink bladder. An incredibly tough PFD, built to last with bar-tacking on all major stress points – the Ocean Pro will handle any weather and sea conditions that you throw at it. Safety features such as the quick-release towline and VHF holster help you stay out of trouble.
- Contoured foam with padded shoulders
- Two large front pockets with separate compartments
- Three side adjustment points
- 1.5 litre integrated hydration system (nozzle can be attached to either shoulder)
- Removable, adjustable VHF radio holster (clips to either shoulder)
- Reflective patches
- Strobe attachment point (rear)
- Quick-release tow pouch with 3m floating rope
- Front zip
- Mesh/nylon draw-string bag for storing your PFD
(NOTE: Paddle krab is extra)
Buoyancy: 5.9 kg – 7.4 kg . . . . .Fabric: 500D Cordura outer, 200D Nylon inner
Sizes: S; M; L . . . . . . Colours: Mango or Red
Retail price $429 + freight
A front-zipped expedition touring PFD packed with features and storage space. Gaia foam technology gives unparalleled comfort and fit.
For more information on this 2013 BA326 model, download the Palm PFD – Kaikoura info sheet.
(NOTE: Palm sea kayak PFDs do not have an integrated rescue towline system. Much better to use the separate Palm waist towbelt which gives a low attachment point.)
Buoyancy: > 6.5 kg . . . . . Materials: 550D Ripstop Cordura®/Vent mesh liner; Gaia PVC-free foam
Sizes: XS/S; M/L; XL/XXL . . . . . . Colour: Red or Saffron
Courier to major NZ towns/cities, is $11 for a single PFD. Outlying suburbs, small towns and rural delivery areas are $5.50 extra. Freight on bulk orders of PFDs, usually sent direct from the importer/manufacturer, will be charged at cost (e.g. about $30 for a box of 10 recreation PFDs).